I thought I've seriously run out of ways to use the Naked Palette after a whole 30 days of living exclusively on it, and then I saw a video on no-makeup-makeup, and out comes this look!
See how awesome my eyelashes are? I never knew I had all those lashes. And it's all thanks to the Shisedo Maquillage Eyelash Curler and my Holy Grail Sasa Superdolly Mascara.
Always use holy grail products on important dates to avoid going wrong. =D
Also, I chose this look because I feel that guys don't really like girls to look all made up. They just want you to look natural; they want you to look like you, but better.
On my face:
1. Apply Dr. Jart Black Label BB Cream using piano-tapping method.
2. Pat Urban Decay Primer Potion Original all over eyelids using my ring finger.
3. Pat Virgin all over lids and all the way up to crease using a flat eyeshadow packing brush (such as MAC #239 which I don't have).
4. Pull Sin all over lids but not crease using the same eyeshadow packing brush.
5. Pull Buck across upper lash line and 1/3 of lower lash line then pull up to form outer-V and go halfway into crease using a pencil brush (I use Bdellium Tools).
5. Draw in feathery motion, using Darkhorse to fill in brows with a flat angled liner brush (I use Bdellium Tools again).
6. Curl lashes with Maquillage curler, and apply Sasa Super Dolly Mascara.
7. Tap Chanel Horizon de Blush or any pink cheek color onto cheekbones, pull it up to top of ears, and swirl it well.
8. Push/Stipple Sana Loose Powder or any loose/translucent powder you have, all over face and over the blusher using a powder brush (I use Bdellium Tools #959).
9. Apply Skin Food Vita Tok Lipstick in PK02 or any hot pink lipstick from the inner area of lips outwards.
My new routine has been to apply the blush on the BB cream covered face, then set everything at the last using the loose powder. This way, the color of my loose powder helps to soften and blend the blush into such a natural finish, and also my eyeshadows. Good powder brushes are great for patting and so softening the colors.
This is Skin Food Vita Lok in PK02, and I have been loving the texture of it so much recently. I bought PK02 because it reminds me of M.A.C Impassioned, but is a fraction of the price of M.A.C.
If you like this look, you can view the tutorial by oiseau88 below. She's fantastic!
I didn't follow completely because I went for dark brown brows instead of the dark grey she used. And I thought eyelashes look more natural and stand out more without eyeliner, so I skipped lining my eyes, which she did.
Thank you so much for reading! I hope you like this look as much as I do. Have a great day!
What is your go-to important dinner date look? Would you opt for mysterious smoky eyes, no makeup makeup, or natural? What is your one Holy Grail beauty item you will surely use on an important date?