This look is so low cost that I can even add in eyelash curler, brow pencil, and false eyelashes! (But I didn't add these in the end.)
So below are the makeup I used.
From top left to right, 2 Way Cake Palette in Ocre, Pearl in Eye Shadow, Multi Cheek in Pink, Double Ended Eye Pencil (white and black retractable), Waterproof Mascara, Rhomlon Creme Lipstick in 13.
Quick review of the items:
1. The 2 Way Cake is okay. I chose Ocre because that's the skin color, but it comes in white and pink, etc.
2. The Pearl in Eye Shadow in Bronze is my favorite because it has very good color payoff, and the tone of the colors suit my skin very well. You'll see in the photo with my eyes closed below. For those who have seen my Romantic Purple FOTD, you may recognize that this copper palette is from the same brand as that purple one. But they are one heaven and one hell! Alright, the purple isn't that bad, but in comparison, the purple one is chalky, while the copper one is really what I would use. You know, like I would pay $10 to buy the copper one in a drugstore, but not the purple one.
haha, don't the circular popped up shadows remind you of Chanel? =P
3. The Multi-cheek in Pink is very chalky. I don't like it. I have the Beige/Peach one too, and I don't like that as well. So if you see these beautifully quilted blushers and want to get them, I wouldn't recommend them.
4. That double-ended eyeliner is very good! OMG, get it!
5. The mascara is not from Daiso. It's also $2, but from Nanairo instead. It's okay. It is waterproof as it claims, but it's just a highlighting mascara, does not lengthens or volumizes visible. It kind of will just highlight your lashes a little.
6. The Rhomlon Creme Lipstick is very good, as I have mentioned in my Romantic Purple FOTD. I love the smell, love the colors (I've got 5 shades and I feel like I should get backups), love the cuteness of the packaging, love the size, and of course love the price of just $1.20.
So I basically only used $11.20 here! I would definitely add in the Daiso eyelash curler and a proper brow pencil, just because a brow pencil is more precise. I used the sponge-tip applicator to apply the dark grey eyeshadow in my brows. I like the color, but the sponge tip is really not precise enough to get the perfect tail-end of the brows.
So here's the picture with the eyes closed. Look how pretty that bronzy color is. Hmmm, on hind sight, perhaps I should call it copper. I always feel like copper is more pinkish than bronze.
Really super pretty color. I think it will be much nicer if I can smoke it out with brushes. haha, I must admit it's not easy to smoke out eyeshadows using the sponge-tip applicators. But it is actually really easy to just pack on shadows with sponge tips and also pretty easy to blend harsh lines with sponge tips. But smokey eyes is another game altogether.
And you can see the blusher clearly here.
I really don't like it. That Multi-Cheek applies patchy, and appears chalky on my face.
Now for my lip color, Rhomlon Creme Lipstick in 13 is a bright red, almost pinkish.
And it's completed! I hope you've enjoyed this. I will do a round up of all the $2 makeup when I am done playing with them. But this really is to give a quick preview of what I am exploring.
haha, and then I thought I had enough budget, so I went back to put on my $2 falsies!
Soooooo pretty!!! $2 lashes definitely work. And I didn't use what Duo glue (I think that glue is just a hype). I used the glue that comes with it, and it lasted me all day.
I still have a few more pairs of $2 falsies. Shall try them asap!
Again, if you've tried any of the inexpensive makeup, and would like to let me know which are good, do comment below. =) It can be drugstore or a dollar, doesn't matters.
Good day to you!