PositivelyNice

PositivelyNice

Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Maybelline Baby Lips SPF20 Lip Balm 8H

This is really a surprise find for me. It is one of those things that is a little bit hyped and I wanted not to believe, but Baby Lips is just to easily available and affordable that I decided to give a shot. Great shot!

Maybelline Baby Lips SPF20 Lip Balm 8H


Available: 7-11, Watsons, Guardian, major departmental stores, ~$5.90 (if I remember correctly)

Volume: 4g

Star Properties: Instant 8 hour moisture daily use visibly reborn.

Ingredients: Polybutene, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, isoporpyl myristate, petrolatum, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, butyrospermum parkii butter/ shea butter, candelilla wax, silica dimethyl silylate, polyethylene, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, tocopheryl acetate, centella asiatica extract, linalool, limonene, parfum/ fragrance. May contain titanium dioxide CI 15850/ Red 7.


I find that the ingredients look more like that for cleansers. haha. Strange. Anyway, I suppose the main healing and moisturizing agent is still petrolatum. So for those who are into natural ingredients for lip products, this is not for you.

Packaging
This comes in a really simple plastic sealing it in on a cardboard back. And behind the cardboard back are all the instructions and ingredients and such that you may want to know.

The lip balm itself comes in a standard tube too. My favorite Burt's Bees comes in the exact same simple tube too, so this is definitely not an issue for me.

I do look at the printings on the tube however. haha. I like anything from plain, pure white/cream, to something funky like this one on the Maybelline Baby Lips.

I was wondering which flavor to buy, because there are just too many. I ended up choosing this because I like the color combination of pastel some kind of mint green and peach pink. The flavor says "Cherry", so  I also thought that would be nice. And frankly, I expect a cherry color, and would be extra happy if this comes in the red tint that my Burt's Bees Pomegranate lip balm comes in.

Balm
Nevertheless, I absolutely like that the balm color is pure white! Love, love, because that's my favorite color since some 20 years ago? haha.

Oh, it gives you that pure, uncontaminated feeling, which is so important for lip products.


Immediate Feel
LOVE it! Okay, I am running out of vocabulary to describe this. But it's just because I am at a lost for words. haha. Alright, excuses. I don't have that good command of the English language, so I hope you can understand the difference when I go like, love, LOVE, and !, !!, !!!. =P

Let's just say, Maybelline is spot on with the promise of Baby Lips. I do feel like my lips are so soft and I don't need, and don't want anything else on top of this.

I just want to say, "hey, I've got baby lips!"

Long-wear Feel
This does last. I like to use it as an overnight treatment, and my I can easily remove the shed skin the next morning.

Fragrance
The big draw of this lip balm that really makes me want to reach for it and reach for it again is that it smells so ooh lala, wow. Alright, that's not English. It smells like grapes. Strange. It does not smells like Cherry, but grapes instead.

And for me personally, I like the smell of grapes, because it reminds me of my mother, and my brother. It reminds me of childhood and all those great, fun times we spent playing together.

I have the Baby Lips in my pretty (but useless) pencil holder now, and it's basically just behind my laptop. So I reach for it every few hours when I am at home.

Hehe, pretty, pretty, there it sits.

Overall, me <3 Baby Lips. 5/5
Cheap, works, fragrant, pretty.

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India