PositivelyNice

PositivelyNice

Saturday, 25 February 2012

What's In My Makeup Pouch?

Back then, when I first started makeup, I was quite afraid that I would get chided by my parents for putting spending time on makeup, and for putting so many colours on my face. So I did things the escapist ways, and basically packed my makeup into a cosmetic pouch, brought the pouch out, and only do my makeup in washrooms outside!

Due to that, I have cultivated the habit of having an essentials pouch, even though I now do all my makeup at home. I posted about how I found the ideal makeup pouch from Etude House here, and I feel now that I have stabilised most of the items in it, I should update on what my essentials are! =DD

Feeling really excited sharing this.

Here's the helicopter view of my pouch. I really like the way it is made to open up wide, with that two flaps of cloth on both sides still holding the contents in.

 Overview of my pouch.

Right there, in the back pocket, is my cardcase of cotton buds or Q-tips, whichever you prefer to call it.

In the two pockets in front of that, is my pretty pink Canmake Eyelash Curler in the left pocket, and my pink Majolica Majorca eyeshadow quad.

Close up on the back of the pouch.

On the other side, which I like to refer to as the front, are my M.A.C Give Me Liberty of London Cremesheen Lipstick in Ever Hip, Natio Lipbalm, a reused Neutrogena Deep Clean sample size clear plastic bottle containing Biore Hydra Clear Makeup Remover, and Benefit Sugarbomb.

Yes, that slot is big enough to hold the huge Benefit boxes!
Tip of the day: Do not throw away all those sample size bottles! Keep the good, hard plastic and transparent ones for times like this. This way, you don't have to go out and search for a good travel size bottle to hold that little bit of makeup remover.
The other side.

In the middle of the pouch, I slot everything else that wouldn't fit into the pockets.

For beauty tools, I have the EcoTools Blush Brush, Sasa Lip Brush, M.A.C 213 Eyeshadow Brush, and Make Up Store Retractable Blush Brush.

Seriously, I am not too sure why I keep two blush brushes inside. But I reckon it's because of the shape. The Make Up Store one is a perfect circular dome, which is very, very rare to find nowadays.

Most modern day blush brushes are slanted, or flat like EcoTools.

One of the brush that I missed out because it's in my Sonia Kashuk pouch, is the EcoTools Fluffy Dome Blending Brush. That's also a must.

Essential makeup brushes.

Yes, you do not need an array of eye brushes, because the sponge tip applicator in an eye quad will pretty much take care of everything else.

 The rest of the makeup are my Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin, Clinelle Blemish & Conceal Stick, Etude House Lip Liner, Koji Springheart Eyeliner in Black, Empro 1 Day Liner and Empro Brow Pencil, Sasa Superdolly Mascara, Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash Mascara.


So that's all! My essentials pouch is quite plump, but this pouch is actually quite stretchable, and can contain all these with space to spare.

I am very careful to weed out non-essentials when I sometimes start to dump all sorts of items in there.

Basically, this must be a pouch that I can zip up, just grab, run out the house, and I should everything needed for a full face makeup. So all these are my most reliable products and most neutral ones for my skin tone. =D

How about you? Do you keep a really bare essentials pouch? What is inside your pouch?

Yours truly,
Jyoan
PosiNice

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India