PositivelyNice

PositivelyNice

Saturday, 18 February 2012

LOTD: Staple White and Why It Makes MoneySense

I really like white a lot, and I have a lot white tops, white skirts, white dresses, white shoes, and bags. When I have everything in the same colour, it makes it so much easier for me to coordinate. I only need to pick one non-white item, and everything is settled, as in the look of today.

LOTD: Staple White
My top is from Bega, bought last year. They have it in royal blue and red too if I don't remember wrongly. They are really affordable, and this material is almost crease proof. 

I don't choose plain whites though, because I have this "boring" streak in me, and I can't stand anything that is the same and repeated for long.

I need to know that there is change, and that everyday is different.

As for my pants, I don't buy new ones often because I am not a pants person. I'd really rather wear skirts and dresses as much as I can help it.

So I have a handful of staples, like this one, which is in soft dark brown.

My pants are from G2000, bought way back in 2006. And the heels are from PedalWorks, pretty costly, but I really love the soft base in PedalWork shoes, so I always go back for more.

Top this outfit up with the white heels, and that's it! That's what I mean by looking well-coordinate effortlessly.

A sales assistant once told me that she can tell I like white because only people who like white will buy shoes in white, since white is a colour that gets dirty easily.

Personally, I think it's fine for shoes to be in white, because the heels wear down so easily these days that my shoes spoil within 3-6 months! It's either the heel, or the sides would come apart. So before the white gets dirty, the shoe has spoiled. LOL.

Tip of the day: When trying to decide whether to buy a piece of clothing, think back if it will coordinate well with at least 3 of your other clothes in the wardrobe.

The reason why I am a big fan of tops and bottoms as opposed to shift dresses, is because I know that with a pair of dark coloured pants, I can buy tops in all colours of the rainbow without worrying if it will ever match. This really gives me the bang for my bucks, because like you see, I have been wearing this pair of pants on and off since 2006! Yet I can go ahead and shop from blogshops or pushcarts, picking up really cheap tops all year round, and keeping my wardrobe really fresh without burning a hole.

That's it! Have a nice day.

Yours truly,
Jyoan
PosiNice

4 comments:

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Really good tips! :) I love a good pant for sure. Tops are always on my buy list year round. I also LOVE white tops!

Jyoan said...

Really, that's nice! But got to be really careful when eating soupy food. =D

Laura Go said...

Jyoan, I really like how that top drapes on you! It's gorgeous like your shoesies!

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

Jyoan said...

Thank you! =) Thanks for coming over!

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India