PositivelyNice

PositivelyNice

Friday, 17 February 2012

Instant Perk Me Up: Bourjois Contour Clubbing Waterproof Eyeliner

This is something that I've using on and off since I peeled off the plastic in January. It really makes my eyes pop, without much effort. And it is really great when used with a brown neutral look, when I have not much going on on my lids.

Bourjois Contour Clubbing Waterproof Eyeliner in 45 Blue Remix

Yes, this colour is so reflective under the light that you see the flash in the picture. Looks like the godmother's magic wand now!

Available: Raffles City Watsons, Century Square BHG, and other Bourjois counters


Volume: 1.2g


Star Properties: Ophthalmologically tested. Made in Germany (which the same as Make Up Forever!!)

Packaging
This came in simple plastic wrap around it, which again reminds me of Make Up For Ever's eye pencils. hahaha. Good enough, because anything more than that, will all be instantly thrown away.

Tip
As in photo below. It came sharp, but slightly blunt in the picture because I tested it once before this.

Now, it's even more blunt because I've used it quite a few times. Soon it will need sharpening.


Colour
Colour is as seen on lead, it is a Teal (Turquoise would be much lighter, more greenish). I really like the way the colour is exactly the same as that on the entire pencil too! But Make Up For Ever's is all black, except for the tail end that indicates the colour.

Two Ways to Use It
1. On the bottom lash line


This is the traditional way of using brightly coloured eyeliners. And teal is arguably the best colour to pair with black colour on the top lash line. It really stands out, compared to others like purple or gold. I am saying this after playing with the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide set back then in 2009... ... And really, none of the other colours seem to pop that much.

I saw a female student busy applying her teal eyeliner in the school washroom, and she totally reminded me that I have an unused super pretty Bourjois liner in my stash. So I thought this is time I revisit playing with bright coloured liners.

However, putting the bright colour on the bottom lash line means you can't see much when the eyes are closed.


2. On the top lash line
This is best done when the lid colours are neutral, like what I've done for today. What I have on my face is the entire BalmBini face palette that I reviewed recently.

That gave a really classic office look. And this eyeliner makes your look pop for a dinner date! Just bring along the Bourjois eyeliner. NO WONDER it's called the Contour CLUBBING Waterproof Liner. LOL, I actually only just understand this as I was typing. =PP


With the colour on the top lid, one can still see it when eyes are closed.

Oh my gosh, I am so loving theBalm blushes! There I went again, layered DownBoy over HotMama. I've never layered blushes. Never do even though I've read about this technique, because I thought all my blushes are good enough alone.

Over here, I am doing different eyes on the same face, because I wanted to show you what this eyeliner looks like. And I thought, instead of just providing a swatch, I'd use it in a look (because naughty me didn't take good close up shots on all the other times I actually wore it out).

In reality, like I've said, I have been using this on and off, and even with my Chanel Spring look, and it matches almost every look. Really gorgeous colour.

Texture
I have no problems gliding this down my lids at all. In fact, I think it is better than Make Up For Ever's. And it is on par with Urban Decay 24/7 Liners.

Waterproof
In fact, I would say that this is better than Urban Decay because it really lasts.

The Urban Decay 24/7 Glide are way too soft and really smudge big time, which explains why I've never worn those colours out. It's really a waste of money because I bought the entire set of pencils, only to find that they smudge so much I can't use it on any look that I want to wear out. I can only use it if I am just playing around at home... ... which I did in this look, Birds and Berries in Sweet Sweet Night.

Price
I admit that this is rather expensive, at $15.80, if I remember correctly. I mean seriously, $15.80 for a pencil? It did sound ridiculous to a male.

hahaha. But I am guessing most of you are females, and really, $15.80 for a full length pencil is worth it. It is more worth it if the pencil comes in a beautiful sparkling teal. And extra worth it because this is made in Germany. I'll blog about the MUFE pencil, and prove that Bourjois Contour Clubbing eye pencils are worth every single cent IF you need coloured eyeliners.

I am inclined to bring up the Koji Springheart eye pencils again for basic black, navy blue, browns. haha. Cheap and good.

My Verdict: PositivelyNice 5/5!

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India