PositivelyNice

PositivelyNice

Thursday, 16 February 2012

FOTD: Sea, water, bubbles and foam

I have been wanting to a blue look as I've been watching Chelsea in the Barclay's Premier League. But I have put it on hold until now because it is really hard to find a Royal Blue eyeshadow!

haha, I can't believe that even Make Up For Ever and M.A.C doesn't has an exact royal blue.

But I am not complaining, because as luck has it, I recall that I have a stash of unopened eyeshadows from Nature Republic, and I bought a deep blue one... ... not to mention, I also bought a matching seafoam blue, and two highlight colours. And I am going to use all of it today!

FOTD: Sea, Water, Bubbles and Foam


What I used:

(From left, clockwise) Nature Republic (NR) Star e/s single in SBL707 Royal Blue (traditional), NR BL702 Seafoam Blue, NR No. 4 Pale Pink, NR SWH003 Off White, Maybelline Gel Liner, SHEENe Moisture Colour Lips in P1, Benefit Sugarbomb, Majolica Majorca Lash Enamel Glamour Neo 3, NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese.

Really excited about this one, because if you look closely, tell me the Nature Republic Star Eye Shadows don't remind you of this: Guerlain Les Aquas, by Paris B of My Women Stuff. =D

Pretty excited to know that I actually have the colours in my stash to create a similar look. I am not saying they are dupes of Guerlain, because I don't own any Guerlain, and I have no idea what Guerlain Eyeshadows are like. But as far as creating a Sea look, I think we can definitely get the required colours from other brands. =)

Unfortunately, all 3 Nature Republic Stores have closed down. Their cosmetic is affordable, and made in Korea. All 4 eyeshadows you see there, are super high quality ones. I need only tap my brush inside 3 times, and it was enough to produce the intensity you see below. As pigmented as Chanel, I swear.

Alright, let's now look closely at the eyes.


1. Using your favourite shadow packing brush, apply Royal Blue to entire lid, up to crease.
2. Using the same brush, apply the black from e.l.f (below) to the outer V of the eyes. Don't worry about blending yet.


3. Using a flatter crease brush, apply seafoam blue into the crease. Don't worry about blending.
4. Using a Q-tip or fingers, apply the Off White on the brow bones, and inner corners of the eyes.
5. Using a blending brush, dab a bit of Pale Pink, and use it to blend the crease colour up to the brow bone.
6. Blend out the black on the outer Vs.

Apply Maybelline Gel Liner on the upper lash line, and into half of the lower water line.
Use the remaining pigments on the Maybelline brush to shade in the eye brows.
Curl the lashes and apply the MM Lash Enamel.

Almost there!


Apply Benefit Sugarbomb which is a really light and barely there blush for me, but I chose it because of the shimmer, which will make the face look fuller and dewy.

Then apply the SHEENe Lipstick, which is almost nude colour for me... ... because the eyes are rather dark already.

And done!

I thought this eyes really suit my nail colours well.


That's all for the sea breeze feel! I felt like that really brought me back to Phuket!

Yours truly,
Jyoan
PosiNice

3 comments:

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

I love your smokey blue eyes! :)

Jyoan said...

thank you thank you! I attribute it to good brushes!

prettybeautiful.net said...

lovely! i like how you keep your cheek color subtle to not overwhelm the eyeshadow :)

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India