PositivelyNice

PositivelyNice

Thursday, 3 February 2011

Carbo Blocker & Detox Cleanse, by Guardian Pharmacy

I can't believe I actually agreed to eat this. I guess it was the stress I felt when I gained weight, even though, it is healthy  weight, and I am still not near being overweight, that is, having a Body Mass Index (BMI) of more than 23 (for Asians).

My SO bought these two boxes of stuff from Guardian one day to try for himself. He said it was on offer, made in Netherlands and all, so he decided that there would be no harm trying. In any case, we decided to get another set for me to try, since one bottle would last only 10 days, and we cannot be sharing.

That was how I ended up having these two boxes of stuff at home.

Carbo Blocker & Detox Cleanse, by Guardian Pharmacy


Available: All Guardian Pharmacies

Volume: 60 tablets each.

Star Properties: Natural herbs, eliminates toxins.

Carbo Blocker
Directions for use: Take 1-2 tablets before each meal with a full glass of water. It is recommended to take 8-10 glasses of water a day when thaking this product.

Ingredients: Phaseolus vulgaris extract, cichorium intybus extract, garcina camogia extract, micro crystalline cellulose, tricalcium phosphate, hydroxy propylmethyl cellulose, magnesium stearate, silica, stearic acid.

Detox Cleanse
Directions for use: Take 2 tablets in the morning and afternoon after meals with a full glass of water. It is recommended to take 8-10 glasses of water a day when taking this product. Take it for 2 weeks, and continue as necessary.

Ingredients:  Cynara scolymus extract, glycyrrhiza uralensis extract, silibum marianum extract, schisandra chinensis extract, taraxacum officinale extract, ehodiola rosea extract, dicalcium phosphate, microcrystalline cellulose, judroxypropyl methycellulose, lactose, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, stearic acid, povidone, cross providone, titanium dioxide.

Packaging
What caught my SO's attention was the label that the Detox Cleanse (left) is made in Denmark, and the Carbo Blocker is made in Sweden. I guess Singaporeans are still somewhat more bought over by "facts" that things are made in the West, and not Timbaktu.

Anyway, I was also surprised to find that the packaging for this is quite profession, with mild colours, and clear product name. There is also clear directions for use and ingredients printed in large enough fonts on the side of the box.

Helpful
I also think that this product is very helpful, in that, there is a list of FAQs inside the box! However, good things aside, I actually am posting this to share that it did not really work for me.

Side Effect
I get really, really bloated while I was taking these. And I was only on it for about 4 days! I started feeling bad about myself, perhaps physically, perhaps mentally. I would be thinking, "why am I on this thing???" I feel inferior that I have to rely on pills to slim down. It is contradictory for me, because I know that I am capable of disciplining myself to run, carry weights, slim down and tone up the right way! I know I need not use pills. And something in my mind just tells me I should not.

I also lost A LOT of hair during those few days. SOB SOB SOB. This is just a big no-no for girls. I don't want to lose my hair. ( =p OOPS, vainpot here,

Cumbersome
The thing about this product is that you've got to be taking many pills a day. And I cannot be staying home all day, so that means that I have to bring out all my pills.

I even went to buy two pretty pills boxes to store them nicely for AM, PM, DINNER, SUPPER, and another one to sort in days of the week. Goodness.

End
At the end of the day, I could not manage the kind of trouble it brings, the inferiority complex it induces, and the physical pains, that I gave my set of pills back to my SO. He finished it alright. But he did not repurchase.

I guess, we should just go back to being normal.

I love this: 0/5 hearts.
Don't do things like that.

4 comments:

Sue said...

I'm not going to do this, but I would like to know what kind of pain you experienced. Thanks.

Jyoan said...

I keep feeling ultra bloated, which makes my stomach ache just a little. The hair loss was the awful one.

And of course, mental wise, it was a torture to know that I am doing this, since I am anti-pills. It's like going against my beliefs... ...

Sue said...

Thanks for your answer. Yes, that hair loss is frightening. One should trust their instincts.

Jyoan said...

haha, the strange thing was that, I even wanted to get Vitamin for hair. Luckily I decided to stop it instead. But it took a while for my hair to recover the strength naturally.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India