PositivelyNice

PositivelyNice

Saturday, 21 August 2010

Biore Makeup Remover Wipes + My Take on Wipes

I have never used makeup remover wipes before, and the nearest I've come close to is The Body Shop's Tea Tree Oil facial cleansing wipes. About that, I did not blog about it, but just would like to mention that I think it's a really, really good option for skin conscious students to use after PE!

(Please skip to the title part of the review if you have no interest in Positively Nice's story sharing. hahahaha. Thank you! ^^)

That's especially because I personally have a good number of friends, guys in particular, who are beginning to express their desire for a proper skincare regime in recent years, that is, after 21 and all the puberty and adolescent acne.

Improper care has led to many battling heavy acne scaring, blackheads and oil bumps. A couple of them went to National Skin Centre, got loads of topical creams, tried Traditional Chinese Medicine etc, all to no avail. So if there is any two-cents-worth of advice I may give before the proper post, it is to start cleansing early, probably around when you start puberty.

(I certainly am not asking students to get Biotherm and SK II, it would be ridiculous of me, just start cleansing, especially since young people are so fortunate nowadays, with more and more quality products that are lower priced specially for them.)

:p Did I side track too much again?

Anyway, the reason I touch on proper cleansing is to say that I do not like the idea of makeup remover wipes one bit at all because I feel that if I can spend tonnes of time on the makeup itself, then I certainly can spend an appropriate amount of time on proper cleansing with cleansing oil and double cleanse with facial gel/foam.

Perhaps it's because I've not started work and still have the time and energy for proper cleansing, but my own very personal principles tells me time shall not become an excuse for my laziness.

******
Moreover, I've tried soaking cotton pads with the bi-phase removers and no matter how I wipe and wipe, and WIPE! My makeup can never FULLY come off. And I end up "burning" my skin with all the friction against the cotton pad (c'mon, no matter how good the cotton pad is, we all know nothing can mimic the softness, gentleness and texture of your own hands). LOL, yes, yes, a bit frustration and ranting here.

And then, in my opinion, I find that cleansing wipes are mere gimmicks to make you spend more, because I can get those thin tissue thingy, like those masking cloths, soak it in bi-phase remover or Biore Hydra Clear or cleansing oil, and tadaa! ClEaNsInG wIpEs!

LOL, okay, really just a bit of ranting from this budget conscious blog. But I hope it helps to lead you in thinking before purchasing certain things. We all know how costly skincare and makeup can get... ...

******

Biore Makeup Remover Wipes


Available: All major pharmacies.
Volume: 1 piece per packet.

The 1 piece. =)

Star Properties: Removes makeup thoroughly.

Packaging
Hmmm, nothing much to say. haha. It's just a packet, like those hand wipes you can get at Sakae Sushi etc.

Effectiveness
I think it is as effective as the Bio Hydra Clear in removing makeup! All my makeup came off at once. But I only have one sheet, so I can't wipe until all the base (which I used BB cream on that day) came off.

However, what I mean by effective, is that my stubborn mascara and eyeliner come up without tugging! In other words, I am really convinced that Biore wipes is good.

One side of it.

The other side.

And to test out if my face is really clean, I used my toner, as this wipe already has no more space.

Wipe off leftover using my own toner.

So as can be seen, one piece is not enough to thoroughly remove all the BB Cream I was using that day. But I am not expecting some sort of miracle at all from Biore, in fact, I was quite prepared that I will need some 2 or 3 pieces. So I still think it's a good product! All my blusher and anything black is gone.

Rating: 4.5/5
I am convince that this is good, and I think I will get Biore wipes in time to come. =)

2 comments:

Slowbrogal said...

This makeup remover doesn't fail me either. It much better than the cleansing oil. It breaks me out badly.

Love,
Cynthia
http://slowbro-gal.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

swallow's nest in an edible gel form is supposed be good for the skin too. it gives that clear and pasty skin that we all love.

it's mad expensive. my brother and i bought some for my mom for her birthday. it was like 400 bucks for like a 6-8 oz jar. Luckily we finally found the one of popular brand online (hongkong-bird-nest.50webs.com/index_e.htm and http://www.euyansang.com/)

dad said it's really popular in indonesia. that a guy has to climb a high mountain to get the nest. that's why it's so expensive.

i mean why doesn't the dude just look for the fabled korean swallow king, capture it and let it lay eggs full of gold! then, he wouldn't have to work so hard and climb them high mountains.

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India